Monday, June 9, 2008

Sad Day For a Texan - The Governor's Mansion Burns


Got some terrible news this morning on the internet. The Governor's mansion in Austin, Texas burned this past Sunday. Police suspect arson. Enough of it remains to be restored according to experts.

I've been to the mansion many times over the years. The most memorable being the day my wife and I and business partner met with then-governor George Bush in the library for an interview for my magazine, True Believer.

I pity whoever did this. Texans don't take kindly to their holy places being burned down.

2 comments:

Ken Gardner said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw the headline. It's really sad if someone did this on purpose. But you're right whoever it is better get out of Texas...that's for sure.
BBQ sauce+Human Flesh=Texas Justice

:)

Texas Ambassador said...

I know. It makes me really angry. Whoever did it is lucky I'm stationed up here in Oregon.