Monday, May 19, 2008

Nature is a comedian

What cruel joke hath nature wrought when it’s 99 degrees in Salem, Oregon and 79 in Austin, Texas?

Is this like one of those Twilight Zone episodes when two worlds are flipped in a herky jerky fashion?

I have been away from my homeland for too long. When 99 degrees feels like it must feel in the center of the sun, then I question my Texan origin.

I grew up without air-conditioning for pete’s sake! Now I’m in Oregon for four years, and I’m whining like a true Oregonian.

Stephen F. Austin, please forgive me!

2 comments:

Ethan said...

Poor Pops, this is what happens to those who abandon their birth right! I think i just heard ol' Sam Houston sniffle from that great cumulus cloud above...I'll send you a Texas sized hankie to wipe your brow ;)

Texas Ambassador said...

Thank you son. I don't think a Texas sized hankie will be even big enough for me now. *hanging my head in shame*