Wednesday, April 16, 2008

El Gigante Burrito


I was running late to work this morning and decided to go through the nearest Mexican fast food restaurant (of which there are dozens here in Salem) drive-thru window and order a breakfast taco.

Now in Texas, when you order a breakfast taco, you pay a buck or buck-fifty for a small tortilla with egg and potato, cheese and some kind of breakfast meat.

Oregon does not have breakfast tacos. They have what they call a "breakfast burrito" for right around three bucks. It is like three Texas sized burritos rolled into one and takes two hands to manage eating it.

I don't know. I know I'm supposed to like big things since I'm from Texas, but I've got to tell you, this thing is downright vulgar. I still ate it, even though it was massive.

Still, it's just not the same and is one more thing I miss about Texas.

No comments: